Monday, July 28, 2014

Gone Fishing...

 Last weekend, I thought about going fishing. This is as close as I got, to a lake. Another miniature painting was started and I could almost smell the cool lake breeze, hear the water lapping against the boat and see the bobber, riding the ripples on the lake.


Anyway, my plan is to start several miniature paintings over the next month or so, then finish them as time allows. I really need to work hard to meet my miniature painting goals, for the year. 


I did a few quick sketches of the cat characters and then went to a final painting. I've been adjusting the final drawing, as I go. 


The first sketch on the board (above) was too human-like. The arms were too long and shoulders were too high. I was getting too far from cat-like bodies. 


The arms still feel too long. I need to refine the proportions until they feel right. This was my weekend fishing trip...minus the fish...and the trip. 

Oh, well. I might get out on the lake, next weekend.

1 comment: