Friday, October 11, 2013

FROM THE DESK OF TIM BOWERS



No, really… it’s my desk.  I’ve had this desk since I was a boy, growing up in Troy, Ohio.  I was a very average student with a very below average attention span.  My grades forced Mom and Dad to set a “study time” for me in the evening, after school.  I think the idea was good but even seated at the “study” desk, my mind wandered.

One night, my thoughts must have wandered from my school work to my wood burning set.  You can guess what happened, next.  The study desk became my new wood burning project.  I only got as far as my initials in the corner…the burning wood smell must have tipped off my parents and that was the end of the new project.



I’m not sure what happened to the wood burning set but my grades stayed in the average to below average range…. except for art class.


Here’s an early example of my drawing. This says it all. I’m thinking of ideas (obviously…there’s a light bulb above my head!).  Notice, that I’m sitting on a chair without a desk… not sure why.

Well, back to the drawing board.             Hey, there’s my new wood-burning set. 

2 comments:

  1. Timmy: You're brilliant. Love you brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jim. As I remember, you were my stiff competition in Jr. High School. Do you ever draw for Kid's Church? You seem to be multi-talented...must have been more focused in school! :)

      Delete