Sunday, September 26, 2010

Christmas comes earlier every year.

Well, here goes... I've finally decided to dive into the blog-pool. I really enjoy visiting other blogs and can definitely see the benefits of sharing information, experiences and thoughts on a given topic. I'm still not sure how much time it will take to maintain this project and still make art (that's what pays the bills, so far).
Anyway, I hope my blog will be helpful and give a glimpse into what I do and how I do it. Thanks for visiting.
As part of my first entry, I'd like to share a recent children's book, hot off the press. First Dog's White House Christmas was written by J. Patrick Lewis and his daughter, Beth Zappitello. It was published by Sleeping Bear Press and follows a previously published book, First Dog. All of the paintings created for this book, were painted with oil paint on canvas.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Tim, welcome to blogland! :o)

    I'm sure you'll love having a blog and will be able to connect with fellow artists everywhere.

    The book looks amazing, congrats! The cutest Portuguese Water dog I've seen yet ;o)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere and congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland:)Congrats for the book,the cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tim! It's about time :o) Seriously, I'm so glad to be one of the first to comment on what I know will be a highly traveled blog highway. Congrats on the book! Looks great ! I was in the Post Office lobby and saw one of your greeting cards staring at me. I told the clerk behind the counter "I know that guy!" Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive! :) Like the banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Looking forward to reading it Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chubby BBQuer! :)
    Wonderful book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been a huge fan of your work for a long time and I am thankful you decided to start blogging. So many sucessful artists don't blog and it's dissappointing. I am an artist / illustrator and just entering the profession. I'm still finding my voice, but insecurity about my abilities can really creep up on me sometimes. When artists like yourself are open to sharing your thoughts and process you can't imagine how inspiring you become. Thank you so much for offering us a peek into your work and inspiring me to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments, everyone...

    yes, I've heard about my cards showing up in post offices. They make it easy to buy and send from the same place...good idea.

    I don't know if it's working but, good idea.

    Robert- Thanks. I've checked out your stuff and seen your "abilities". You're making some very good art. Keep pluggin' away. I've been where you are and I still have times of insecurity. Maybe its common to creative types...I don't know. We inspire each other to be our best...that's the way it should work. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete